Friday, October 21, 2011

Step 3 Adding the light


Using Dairylide Yellow (Golden Open colour) I brush the surface of the canvas in areas that I want the light to glow through. This will react to other colours that I will add to pop the areas out. The mixture will be one part paint to 3 parts medium. The colour should be transparent without loosing its brilliance. The medium I use is liquid matte and gloss, you could use a semi gloss medium as well but I like to control the shiny finish to the paint.After the layer of yellow has dried I then go in with a 1/2 and 1/2 mixture of matte medium and Titanium White to punch up the areas untouched by the yellow.
Depending on the whiteness of my canvas I may brush one layer of Titanium White mixture over the entire canvas first being careful that it doesn't cover up the drawing.

No comments: